Pulse Clinical Seminars is offering you the opportunity to refresh your skills on the following topics:
08.30 Registration and coffee
09.20 Chairs opening remarks
09.30 New guidance on treating Type II diabetes: What could it mean to you and your patients.
– First and second line drugs – what the new guidance mean to you?
– Reintroduction of repaglinide and pioglitazone into mainstream treatment
– Q&A – discussion on the implication in practice and whether it will impact patient safety
10.15 Practical tips and proven methods for managing unusual or challenging patient groups
– Practical and evidence based advice for patients undergoing fasting
– Treatment resistance
– When to refer out of primary care
11.00 Coffee break
11.35 Session to be confirmed
12.05 Diabetes in pregnancy
– Antenatal risk assessment
– Postpartum treatment and management of gestational pregnancy patients
– Will the pending NICE guideline be likely to have any significant impact?
Professor Roger Gadsby MBE, GP, Associate Clinical Professor at Warwick Medical School and founder member of Primary Care Diabetes Society
13.45 Weight loss drugs and surgery in diabetes
– When to consider medical intervention
– What results can be expected
– Lessons to be learnt from America
14.25 Session to be confirmed
14.55 Coffee break
15.20 Medicines optimisation and multi-morbidity in diabetic patients
– Intervening early to ensure cost effective prescribing
– Changes to QOF indicators and striving towards reducing emergency admissions
– How will guidelines on lipid management and hypertension affect your diabetic patients?
16.00 Prevention and prediabetes management
– Is ‘prediabetes’ the wrong term. Early intervention to ensure as many as possible return to ‘normal’
– prediabetes risk assessment and management of high risk patients
– practical lifestyle advice at the right point
– are there any new ideas for offering nutritional advice that really works?
16.40 End of Conference